Monday, March 1, 2010

Newsflash:Miley Cyrus inspires Megan!


My companion needed to buy some shoes earlier and so we went to a shoe store and the radio was playing, and 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus was on...and yeah, it sounds so cheesy but if I would have been alone I would have lost it!!! hahaha! That made me laugh inside just reading what I just wrote to you!! But it's true-"It's all about the climb!!

Melanie's note-by coincidence, I was actually getting ready to send Megan and Josh the lyrics to this song. I had never heard it until Rick was watching the Hannah Montana movie one night (yes, he likes 'chic flicks') and I walked in the room at the very end and Miley Cyrus was singing this song. (Rick had a little tear in his eye). Anyway, so I looked up the lyrics and in Megan's situation (any missionary would relate I think) these words are perfect! I bet Miley Cyrus never knew these words would inspire an LDS missionary. I say we send her a Book of Mormon!

Miley Cyrus-The Climb

I can almost see it-that dream I’m dreaming.
But there’s a voice inside my head saying you’ll never reach it.
Every step I’m taking, every move I make feels lost with no direction
My faith is shaken, but I got to keep trying
Got to keep my held head high.

There’s always going to be another mountain
I’m always going to want to make it move.
Always going to be an uphill battle
Sometimes I’m going to have to loose
It ain’t about how fast I get there.
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side.
It’s the climb!

The struggles I’m facing, the chances I’m taking,
Sometimes might knock me down, but, no, I’m not breaking.
I may not know it, but these are the moments
That I’m going to remember most
Just got to keep going
I just got to be strong
Just keep pushing on.

Keep moving, keep climbing, keep the faith
It’s all about the climb.

No comments: