Monday, October 18, 2010

Megan's rejection

Yesterday as we were walking out of our gate to go to church, there seemed to be a great hustle and bustle around...I looked down at the road and to our surprise were written and drawn messages scribbled in white chalk that offended our spirit. Earlier that morning I had seen one of our investigators outside writing with chalk, but didn't realize until the time I saw it what he was doing. Later on that day, as we were trying to hold ourselves together in one piece, one of our other investigators who I don't have words to describe my love for, wouldn't get close to us because he heard from he said many people that it was not allowed... I just kept telling myself, Breath in breath out...!!
In all of this,I had the thought, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do.."They don't realize who we are..! Right across from our house for the past 2 weeks, they have been doing construction...Apparently every time we'd walk by or go inside or outside, talk to somebody that they could see, when we'd leave, their speech was far from appropriate and in that experience I rememebered the quote that had been said at one of our zone conferences..."If they accept you, they are accepting the Savior. IF they reject you, put you down, or talk bad about you, they are doing the same to the Savior." One day they will realize who we were, and what we were trying to do, and they'll know why we lived amongst them. I haven't felt very accepted lately, or even really treated nicely. We're too happy for them. seriously. We have been a little bit frustrated too because they don't realize that we have a hard life too! Our investigator's older sister still thinks that we are here so that we can get a promotion in school whenever we come home to the states. bah. It's ok! I just hope that someday they will remember what we said to them, and that we tried to show them the right way. I miss you! Things will get better! "There is great purpose in our struggle in life."

No comments: