Monday, October 19, 2009

Megan's 10-14-09 e-mail


It was on Wednesday that it finally hit me-I'm on my mission! I don't know why it was then, and I don't know why it wasn't the first day, but people had asked me before how I felt and I kept saying, it's like a dream, it's not really happening, but at that point, it finally was real! The clock is ticking!! It's weird, but almost every day I feel like I have to rebuild myself if that makes sense-like during the night I lose all my spiritual strength and I have to start over again- it just proves how hard Satan is trying to slow the work-if he can get one missionary to be less zealous-less enthusiastic-less effective-think of how many people he could gain?? Joseph Smith said it perfectly: "It seems as though the adversary was aware...that i was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his Kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me?" (JSH v. 20) But as God as my strength I will overcome him!

No comments: