Sunday, April 17, 2011

Megan's homecoming 3-3-11









The long awaited day finally arrived!!! Bridget arrived from Provo on Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 about the time Rick and I got home from work. We started decorating the house. We put up yellow streamers and a welcome home sign and got some balloons to take to the airport. Bridget made a candy bar poster to put in her room. We left for St. George around 9:00 p.m. We drove to the newly opened St. George airport and met Grandpa and Grandma Mathews, Pam and Pat Baker, Susan Mathews and Heather and all her boys. We had all worn yellow as that is not only her favorite color, but the traditional color to welcome someone home. (Tie A Yellow Ribbon...) arrived early and went upstairs to a viewing area. When we saw the plane land, we hurried downstairs and went to the arrival gate and waited. Many people got off the plane before her, but then finally Bridget said, "I see her and she's wearing yellow!" I was the first one to hug her and the tears of joy flowed as I held her in my arms again. I finally let go and let all the others greet her!

No comments: