Sunday, June 12, 2011

Josh's 5-23-11 E-mail


We recently had interviews with President Northcutt, but this time it was different because it was his final interviews with us. He is leaving in July and I will miss him and his wife, but excited that they will be able to go home and see their family. I remembered the first day I talked with President Northcutt and Hermana Northcutt. We got off the plane and went to go get our luggage. Outside the gate there stood President waiting for us. I imagine as a President of a mission that one of the most memorable parts is seeing excited new missionaries. In my recent interview with President we talked about Nephi and building his ship. What a incredible task! Nephi to me it sounds like never had experience of building a boat. His reaction was not, What? YOU WANT ME TO BUILD A BOAT? But his reaction was, How do you want me to build it? President pointed out that when he thinks his life is bad, he reads the scriptures and discovers our trials hardly are even trials compared to the prophets.

No comments: