Friday, November 6, 2009

Megan's 11-4 e-mail


This picture is by Walter Rane and called, "Add to thy faith, virtue". I thought it was ideal for Megan's comments:

I want to type a few lyrics to you of a song I heard for the first time last night. They hit me so hard. If you could heard it in song form, I'm sure it would sink deeper into your heart as it did mine, but as I am not there to sing it to you, these words will have to suffice:
I marvel at the miracle Of God's great love for me.
I try but cannot comprehend And ask how this could be.
For I had left behind my God and lost my way through sin.
Still God loved me and sent His son to lead me back to Him.

I wonder at the grace divine and power to redeem.
That Christ alone could overcome and change eternity
My thanks cannot sufficient be. My praise is incomplete.
For all I pay, my debt remains for God's great gift to me.

We sang this last night at our Tuesday night devotional and I felt the spirit so strongly it was like my whole being was burning! Like every cell in my body was filled with fire! Jesus is my King! I am the daughter of a King! I wish I could express the way I feel right now as tears are rushing down my cheeks! God loves his Children so much! If you are struggling with something right now, Go to Him. Go to your Heavenly Father who wants to help you!

4 comments:

Mikel said...

Hello Sister Dustin,

This is Mikel Barfuss. I just found this blog randomly and was so excited to see how Megan and Dustin are doing! I was even more excited though because I am getting my mission call in about 3 days and it was so neat to be able to read about and see Megan as she prepared to leave. It's really comforting to be able to lean on their strength a little especially during the nervous times. haha
I hope all is going well with you and your family!
Best wishes!

Melanie said...

Mikel,
I was so excited to see your comment. Please let us know where you are going!! E-mail me at melaniedustin@hotmail.com. Tell your mom hi! We love your family!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Sister Dustin!

This is Abe. You have two wonderful missionaries out there. I'm so glad to hear how well they are doing. I've always looked to Josh and Megan as two wonderful examples of disciples of Christ. They have many friends who look up to them and they are frequently in our prayers. I hope all is well with the rest of your family! God bless!