Sunday, September 12, 2010

Josh's 8-23-10 E-mail

It was a dark and stormy night, not really, but we were waiting for the zone leaders to come and to do the interview for Elio. Well, they called and told us that they cannot come because they had to go to the hospital. Well they called a elder in our pension to come and to do the interview. By the time he shows up we are thirty minutes late, but we still went. The interview passed and we waited until the next day. Elio showed up on time, but told us something that was very sad and truly showed how great his testimony is. His wife didn´t want him to come to his baptism. She is very jealous and told Elio if he came back he might not have a home. Elio went and told me, "It makes me sad that she is angry, she puts family first (my thought, well shouldn´t we?) back to Elio: God is first in our lives, not our family. As I was walking into the baptismal font, I almost fell almost...hahaha..It was so funny. I had to take a couple of deep breaths before I said the words and baptized Elio. Elio also recieved the Holy Ghost, but an experience I saw that has never taken place before in my mission was when Elio received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was so awesome. The Holy Ghost filled the room and it was wonderful. It truly was.

No comments: