Sunday, August 1, 2010

Megan's 5-24-10 e-mail

Melanie's note: Sorry this is out of order. I got behind and then posted several for Josh and now I am back to where I left off for Megan.

We have a zone conference every month which is this Thursday and so that's when we'll probably do them (interviews for temple recommend to attend the Cebu temple dedication). Zone conference is like a battery recharge. Sometimes it seems like it takes 4 or so hours to boost me back up, and then the whole month to drain. Tthe day after zone conferences, I feel like I could take on the world! haha. I realized at home, college, and in the MTC, I was spiritually spoon fed soo often-every single day in the MTC, and then you always have some kind of fireside or devotional at home, but here in the 'field' it's all up to you baby! And yes, we have the time to do it, but it's just awesome when you get to hear from someone else their insights-thats why I love zone conferences. I think I said this before, but I must have done something right to have the chance to know President Malit. I remember in my blessing that I would come to know the he is a man of Ggod and that has surely been a prophecy fulfilled. I am so grateful for the chance to be away from the world and to learn about the gospel. When we even get a small glipse of the world here, passing a tv, hearing the music around you, the world is so much more ugly-it's like we've gone through this quarantine-well it's not like we have, we have! Then when we get exposed to the world again, even a little bit, it's like we're automatically disgusted! It's so wonderful! ha. I remember one of my teachers saying in the MTC that when you get home from your mission, you will see everything as it really is-music, movies- and it's so true-we will see it so much more clearly as Filth!!!!

No comments: